Over 50% of export shipments in 2024 will be carried out by sea.

This will be possible if the maritime corridor is fully operational, said Deputy Minister of Infrastructure Yuriy Vaskov. “When the grain initiative was fully operational, 52% (of shipments) went through the ports of Odesa, the remaining 48% – through the Danube and Western borders. The export shipment’s structure will be the same next year,” he said. According to Vaskov, the operation of the corridor and the Danube ports will accelerate GDP growth. “The functioning of the Ukrainian maritime corridor in 2024 will add at least 8% to Ukraine’s GDP growth rate. If we have 5% growth in the budget, then on the condition that the maritime corridor and the Danube will both operate, there will be 13% growth.” At the same time, the deputy minister noted that Ukraine is interested in expanding its shipping channels by restoring those in the Mykolaiv region. However, decisions regarding this will be made depending on the security situation.


Ukraine War 24

Ukraine War 24

Read Previous

Happy birthday, President Biden. Time to panic

Read Next

Ukraine’s rolled metal market showed almost 100% growth this year.